SPX provides advanced APV heat transfer solutions for cooling, condensing and evaporation of process fluids – designed to solve heat transfer process challenges in a vast array of industries. They are designed to meet demanding process conditions and to optimize the utilisation of energy.
APV is the strongest global supplier of a complete range of high-capacity, compact and cost-effective gasketed heat exchanger solutions. With scalable configurations featuring porthole sizes of 300, 350, 400 and 500 mm, a range of heat transfer areas up to 3,200m2 and flow rates upto 4,500 m3/h, the APV XL Series lets you configure the perfect solution for your needs.-without compromise.
Typical product applications
- Oil and Gas
- Flexible designs options for a perfect fil – always
- Convenience and versatility
- Plate designs high performance with less steel, lower weight and lower costs
- EnergySaver – best heat transfer value for money with less cooling or heating medium
- DuraFlow – the best choice for applications with limited thermal demand. Typically for medium – or high-viscosity media or for low-viscosity medial with large temperature difference. Wider gap and reduced number of contact points to ease the flow of viscous products.
- ParaWeld – the best choice for aggressive media and elevated pressure. Welded plate pairs design for single and two-phase heat transfer in refrigeration, petrochemical, chemical and other industrial sectors. Welded channels allow the handling of aggressive fluids.
Semi welding type
The semi-welded type is a laser-welded plate pair for refrigerant and chemical treatment. These pairs are particularly suitable for the evaporation and condensation of refrigerants such as ammonia, as well as the chemical and general processing tasks of aggressive liquids involving aggressive conventional gaskets.
Features and advantages
- Maximum temperature: up to 392°F / 200°C
- Minimum temperature: down to -36.4 °F / -38 °C
- Maximum design pressure: 435 PSIG / 30 bar
- High thermal efficiency
- Strong mechanical structure
- Allow processing of aggressive media
- Increase security vulnerabilities
- Flexibility to expand or shrink
- Small footprint and low grade
- Patented three flash system
A fully welded plate heat exchanger ensures that different media are safely separated, even when higher pressures and temperatures are applied. This means that the range of possible applications is wider than the range in which gasketed plate heat exchangers can be applied.
Its compact design allows for a heated surface density of 250 m2/m3. The special structure of the flow mode ensures that the heat transfer of gases and liquids is greatly enhanced.
Features and advantages:
- Operating temperature range from -328°F to 1652°F (-200°C and 900°C)
- Vacuum pressure range is 871 psig / 60 bar
- All welded structure (without gasket)
- Wide construction structure
- Compact design allows up to 6000 m3 heating surface per unit
- Economical use of materials, lightweight
- Exchange surface with a thickness between 0.5 and 1.0 mm
- Can be used in various high-grade alloys
- Very efficient heat transfer even at low-pressure drops
- The self-cleaning effect through strong turbulence, no dead ends inflow
- As a gas or liquid exchanger, condenser or evaporator
- Low filling fee and short residence time protection products
- May achieve very accurate temperature methods