The Cameron U BOP is the most widely used ram-type BOP for land, platform, and subsea applications worldwide and offers the widest range of sizes of any Cameron ram-type BO. Like all other BOPs offered by Cameron, the rams in the U BOP are pressure-energized. Wellbore pressure acts on the rams to increase the sealing force and maintain the seal in case of hydraulic pressure Los. Seal integrity is improved by increased wellbore pressure.
Available in sizes ranging from 71/16 through 263/4 in with flange, hub, or studded top-bottom connections
Durability and field-proven design
Multiple bonnet configurations: standard pipe, shear bonnets, and tandem boosters
Lifting plates are available to provide a safe method for moving the BOP
Side outlets are available in flange, hub, or studded connections
Minimum slippage of untreated crude through the electrostatic field.
- Onshore drilling
- Offshore drilling
- Field-proven pressure control technology
- Wide range of sizes available
- Bonnet seal carrier is available to eliminate the need for high makeup torque on bonnet studs and nuts.
- Manual or hydraulic operating systems available
Internal reversible piston provides the additional force necessary for shearing a wide variety of ipe and at the same time provides a reduced sealing force for long ream seal life.
- Hydraulically operated locking mechanisms, wedge locks, are available for subsea applications
- Most operating system seals can be replaced with the bonnet in the ram change position without removing the bonnets
- Retrofit to UM convertible bonnet is available to provide more shearing force without the need for shear bonnets, large-bore bonnets, or tandem boosters.
Offshore (surface) and onshore
Bore sizes and working pressures
7 1/16, 11, and 13 5/8 in: 3,000 to 15,000 psi
16 3/4 in: 3,000 to 10,000 psi
20 3/4 in: 3,000 psi
21 1/4 in: 2,000, 5000, and 10,000 psi
26 3/4 in: 3,000 psi
Single, double, triple, or quad
Large-bore and FXT
Field-replaceable bonnet cylinders, pistons, and seals